Thursday, May 31, 2012

Health Update-Winning!

I went to Dr. Lyme the other day.

He was happy to hear that my energy seems to be returning, and he didn't increase my antibiotics for once, which means my tummy will be happy a little while longer.

We went over all my symptoms:

Pain: not quite as bad as usual, not sure if it's a turn for the better, or my perception.  Jury's still out.

Supplements: Keep on keepin' on.  Everything seems to be working nicely.

Energy: The past two months have been better, and we both feel a corner is being turned.  This was the best realization of the day. :::fist pump, happy dance, Whhoooo hoooo!:::

Muscle twitching: Seems to be dissipating, albeit slowly.  Still, good sign.

Sleep: Still sleeping fine, but still taking Ambien.  Dr. Lyme said, way back when, he'd rather have me actually sleep, and worry about an addiction to Ambien later.  Without sleep, I can't get well. So, Ambien it is.  Turns out, I'm a total Ambien junkie, can't sleep without it.  Found this out last night.  Tossed and turned the entire night. Slept for a total of 45 minutes, where I had a convoluted dream about fishing boats. and Tom Cruise, a ne'er-do-well fisherman who won't wear shirts. And that was the sanest part of the dream. So today, I have to wander around zombie-fied, unable to sleep but eyes feeling like they are full of sand.

Coming up next: Friday, I'm being tested for heavy metals.  The way they do this is run a treatment IV for a while, then I pee in a container for 6 hours.  (Not 6 hours continuously. Just every time I pee in a 6 hour period, I have to do so in a collection cup. Sorry, that was confusing.) Then, they test the pee to see if there is an excess of heavy metals. If so, it means I will need to detox, which is supposed to help me get better.  Basically what I am saying is, don't show up Friday looking in the fridge for a cool beverage.

Oh, and in unrelated news, I missed going to see The Bloggess on her book tour.  But my friend WilyGuy went, and got a bunch of goodies signed. He then had a contest, and I won a signed Copernicus Puppet!  I will be stalking the FeMail Man ala Bart Simpson until it arrives. 

(this is where a YouTube clip of Bart Simpson stalking the FeMail Man would be, if I could track it down. Use your imagination.)

And this is all proof that a tired Aimee is not a funny Aimee.  True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment