Sunday, September 25, 2011

Holy Hot Shit, Batman!

For those of you that do not know, I'm kind of a big deal.  Not like Brangelina big deal.  Not even Middle-East-Peace kind of big deal.  But certainly Dan-Quayle-said-something-almost-intelligent kind of big deal. Or maybe I'm into the Legend-in-my-own-mind territory---either way, I'm certainly on the cusp of Wikipedia-page important. Unless I'm delusional.

So, I have been writing all my life.  I had another blog that I never really committed to-kind of like a transitional blog.  Now, I have this one.  I have gotten so much from it-laughter, the relief of expression, and certainly comfort in my own skin.  I have gotten A LOT of that.
About a month and a half ago, I applied to Blogher, which is kinda like the A-list of female bloggers.  The process goes like this:
I apply
I wait
and wait
and wait

if nothing happens, I wait, then....


reapply.

BUT. I got an email, inviting me to join them.  The Cheerleader clique wants to go in on a limo to prom with me!!!!

And, each time you read my blog, I get one trillionth of a penny, for being super awesome.

Now, they want to feature me on their front page (!!!!!!)  and under the "Health" topic, as well as through Facebook and Twitter....Like, OMG!!!!!!!!! And, they are linking a recent post of mine about going to UC Davis for a sleep study (and the waaaay crazy part about my creepily vivid melatonin dreams).

It will happen Monday September 26th at 7am PT, and I want you ALL to know----all 12 of my loyal followers.  And maybe, just maybe, I will have 14 followers at the end of this PR roller coaster they call "the biz" (do "they" even really say that?  Doubtful...)

To me, this is as exciting as having Random House call me and beg me to fly on their dime to New York to discuss first runs, publicity tours and book jacket photos.  But then, I'm being treated for mental illness, so I may be a BIT reaching with that one.

Either way, I have perma-grin.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! We just knew you would do something BIG with this! YOU GO GIRL!!!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am excited with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shutterbugdrina said...
    Way to go Aimee, love that you got this and love your candidness and ease with getting it said with flare. :)

    ReplyDelete