Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm the Emotional Equivalent of the Oakland Raiders

This morning, I had some issues.  I won't go into detail because I am more ladylike than that.  Yes I am, you jackass.  Oh, right.  I see your point.  Either way, let's just say that my husband didn't download the "Period and Ovulation Tracker" app onto his Droid for nothin'.  I think it is the former Boy Scout in him, something about being prepared.

I had pretty much spent the entire morning being contrary, arguing, griping, bitching and ordering, all to no avail-(did these people in my house have a death wish???)

Soon, Sky King had disappeared, and I was finishing getting ready to take Princess to a round of birthday parties.  I figured Sky King was hiding. I wandered around the house, half hoping to apologize for being so horrid, and half to pick another fight.

I found him.  He came over to me (I was thinking he had finally lost it, and was planning on smacking me upside my head, thinking he would dislodge whatever cog or gear in my brain had gotten stuck).  Instead, he wrapped his arms around me, and said, "Don't worry, sweetie.  This will pass."

I'm thinking, "bastard checked his phone!  He is blaming this on my period!  That Jerk...oh, wait.  He's right.  Damn."

Instead, I say, "I'm sorry I'm so crazy.  I have no idea sometimes why you love me."

He responded with, "You're like the Oakland Raiders.  Most of the time, you are awesome.  Every once in a while, you drive me crazy.  But I will always love you."




I'm not sure if I should go, "Awwwwww...." or smother him in his sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment