Wait, does that make me even whiter?
Anyways, I just found a HILARIOUS blog. It's Stuff White People Like. Holy me, batman!
OK. Up until 5 minutes ago, I thought I was pretty hip. I have taken lots of classes on culture, I understand white privilege. We have a wide array of friends. I have always thought of myself as fairly cosmopolitan when it came to race. My mom even had some bloodwork done recently, and it came back that she has a line of African American blood in her. My husband even uses this to explain my love of rap (No, I'm not joking. I DO love me some rap. You should check out my presets some time.). But, I related to this website. A LOT. While I was LOLing, I was also dying inside a little.
For instance, I love old stuff. Shabby Chic, antiques, retro stuff.
And, the similarities do not end there.
I also love:
- Tom's of Maine toothpaste
- Yoga mats
- My So Called Life episodes (are they on Netflix yet?)
- Picking my own fruit (I was thinking this would be fun with the kids this summer-they liked it so much last time!)
- Camping (unless it's raining. I'm so over that one.)
- Hating people who wear Ed Hardy (I gave away $75 shoes after Jon Gosselin became friends with Christian Audigier)
- Finding punctuation errors
- Theme parties-like bad Christmas sweater parties
Now I have to go buy it, and blog about (which is most likely a white thing too. Damn.)