Alicia Silverstone (Vegan) made them originally, and I made them her way the first time, subbing only the margarine for a brand I prefer, and the graham crackers (I used the S-moreables).
Here is the link for the original recipe:
The second time, I made them a little different, trying to tone down the goo factor, and the hip expansion feature. They were equally good, and I have a few more tips.
- USE the liners. You cannot extract them from the muffin tin without mangling them all to hell. Yes, I'm sure. No, cooking spray won't help.
- Reduce the margarine to just enough to moisten the crumbs, about 2 tbls. You can probably get away with even less.
- Reduce the sweetener to 2 tbls, I used agave syrup, which has a tang I normally don't like much, but it worked, because the original recipe is a bit too sweet (and I NEVER say that about dessert)
- I reduced the milk, so the chocolate would set more, which it did.
- I left off the nuts from the top, and everyone loved them the same!
Or, make them, hide them, and devour them in a corner while growling. I do. But use the smooth peanut butter, so you don't choke. Safety first!