1. I am a huge fan of gangsta rap. No, seriously. I get shit for it all the time. Except by cool people-they get me.
2. I am a major light-weight---1 and a half drinks, and I’m yours. Actually, my husband knows this.
3. Intellectually, I am completely against corporal punishment. Actually, my kids have received a couple smacks here and there. Combined, they are pushing 5 or more. Yet, I love tons of people that are big spankers.
4. I constantly strive to be a better person. And, I am somewhat ashamed of how critical I can be. Not ashamed enough to stop, though. ‘Cause that shit is funny.
5. I love my job, but I left the field entirely because I was burned out. I only went back because I needed the money. Then I fell in love with what I do.
6. I was worried I didn’t have enough love for two children-like, in a “OMG, what if I hate the baby?” kinda way. Turns out, I do have enough, but Monkey Boy loves me so much, he has nothing left for his sister. I obsess about this constantly.
7. I don’t know if I will ever be able to stop doing so much. I keep adding new things. Delegate at work, join Girl Scouts as a Leader. Cut hours back, volunteer more. Actually, that is not a “Little-known” fact.
8. I am deathly afraid that my health will never get better-that I am stuck with this shit forever.
9. I hate western medicine, and medications. Yet the only things that give me pain relief are pharmaceuticals. This drives me bananas, and I am working it out in therapy.
10. I was devastated when I was diagnosed with depression. I have struggled for almost a year to come to terms with it, which is why I talk about it so much. I figure, if I have to get used to it, so does everyone else. You’re welcome.
11. The two things I hate most about Fibro (right now, anyways) are my memory/cognitive function loss, and my having to change how I do everything-less energy, less strength, less ability. I worry that I set a bad example to my daughter and son about what strong women are like.
12. I don’t like to follow stupid rules. Which is why there are 12, instead of 10 things listed. I tried to consolidate a couple, to fall into the “10 things” promise at the beginning.
12 Little-Known Facts About Aimee
(there. Much better.)